The Natural Step Canada is a registered charity with a proven track record. We provide education, training, coaching and advice to leaders and decision-makers on how to integrate economic, environmental and social priorities into their decision-making and planning. We help them see the opportunities, we help them take action, and we help them bring about real, long-term change.
Our mission is to connect every leader in Canada with the inspiration and learning they need to make strategic choices for the long-term benefit of our environment, economy and society. To achieve this mission, we are focusing on three main strategies in 2009:
- National Outreach and Communications – Building sustainability awareness and commitment through national information campaigns, our newsletter and website, and the development and delivery of case studies, publications, articles, presentations, webinars, podcasts and videos.
- Sustainability Toolkit Series – Practical, accessible resources for understanding and applying sustainability at home and in the workplace.
- Emerging Leaders – Training, internships and mentoring programs for young sustainability champions.
- Online eLearning – Award-winning online courses on sustainability that inspire dialogue and action.
- Learning Programs – In-depth training on strategic sustainability and change management for practitioners, professionals, communityleaders and not-for-profits.
- Education and Advisory Services – Custom workshops, change-management processes and planning programs that build capacityand catalyze change in organizations.
- Sustainable Communities – Special projects and multi-year partnerships withCanadian communities to support integrated community sustainability planning, engagement and implementation.
- The Natural Step Network – Activities and events to advance the practice of sustainability by convening leaders, champions and experts from different regions and sectors for peer-to-peer dialogue and learning.
Our capacity to deliver these programs is grounded in our strategic partnerships, strong internal management systems, engaged board of directors and diverse funding base. The Natural Step Canada is ideally positioned to increase our impact and catalyze real change towards a sustainable future.