Level 2 Sustainability Course: Deep Dive into Application and Practice
Sustainability has the potential to drive innovation and value creation for businesses and communities around the world. The Natural Step Canada’s Level 2 Sustainability Course: Deep Dive into Application and Practice is designed for sustainability professionals and those looking to enable sustainability-related change processes. In this course you will practice using tools and processes to:
- Assess the value of sustainability for your organization
- Address objections and build buy-in among your colleagues
- Integrate sustainability into your organizational culture
- Evaluate and integrate feedback on your organization’s own sustainability programs and efforts
- Expand your network of peers in the sustainability field
|Whistler, British Columbia||
July 11-13, 2012
- Should I take this course?
- What are the pre-requisites?
- How much does it cost?
- What will I get?
- What will I learn?
- Sustainability Week in Whistler
- Other questions?
This course is for people who have responsibility for change processes in their business, community, or organization and want to expand their capacity to lead this, as well as people who would like to take a leadership role in sustainable change within their organization. Past participants have included:
- Sustainability coordinators and managers
- Corporate VPs and Directors of Sustainability
- People responsible for product and service innovation in their organization
- Marketing, communications, and branding people looking to better understand and communicate the sustainability imperative
- Poets and artists interested in the impact of sustainability to their work and communication
- Community activists
- Futurist and systems thinkers ("future proofing")
- Biologists and ecologists looking to apply fundamental principles of sustainability to their ecosystem work
- Graduate students focusing on sustainability
To participate in the Level 2 Sustainability Course, you must have completed one or more of the following:
- The Natural Step Canada's Level 1 Sustainability Course: Foundations in Strategy
- The Natural Step Canada's Integrated Community Sustainability Planning Course
- Masters in Strategic Leadership Toward Sustainability Program at Blekinge Institute of Technology
- Significant engagement with The Natural Step as a client (to be assessed by The Natural Step Canada’s sustainability advisors)
- Relevant education and/or experience (to be assessed by The Natural Step Canada’s sustainability advisors)
- Early bird price: $1,500 CDN + tax
- Regular price: $1,800 CDN + tax
- Members of The Natural Step Exchange: 15% discount
- Groups of 3 or more: 10% discount
- Cancellation policy
This course combines online learning sessions and an in-person workshop. Specifically, it includes:
- Online Seminar #1: Online learning and coaching webinar facilitated by our experienced sustainability advisors
- 3-day in-person workshop: Facilitated according to the best practices of participatory, adult learning (includes lunch, refreshments, and all course materials)
- Online Seminar #2: Online learning and coaching webinar facilitated by our experienced sustainability advisors
- Personalized feedback and coaching from our sustainability advisors on homework assignments
- A certificate of completion from The Natural Step Canada
- A voucher for $150 off a membership in The Natural Step Exchange, our exclusive network of sustainability professionals from across Canada
Building on The Natural Step Canada’s Level 1 Sustainability Course, these 3 days will focus on the application of sustainability processes and will leverage the expertise of your fellow participants and facilitators. You will practice real time development of sustainability strategy, present your results for feedback and refinement, and leave with experiences to underpin a successful sustainability change process in your organization.
You will be exposed to world-class facilitators who are internationally-recognized sustainability practitioners.
Each day you will interact closely with your peers, discussing and presenting your ideas and challenges back to the group. There will also be ample opportunities to network throughout the course.
In this course, you will:
- Conduct a Sustainability Value Assessment of your business, community, or organization
- Strategize how to mobilize colleagues, address objections, and get buy-in to advance sustainability in your business, community, or organization
- Practice an elevator pitch to make the case for sustainability
- Explore the ecological and social science basis of The Natural Step Framework for Strategic Sustainable Development
- Reframe your organization’s purpose in terms of meeting basic human needs
- Practice techniques for facilitating a sustainability change process
- Design and receive feedback on a sustainability program for your business, community, or organization
want more? From July 9-13, 2012, immerse yourself in sustainability learning in one of Canada’s most stunning and innovative communities. A must-attend experience for sustainability practitioners!
- July 9: Lay a solid foundation during our Level 1 Sustainability Course
- July 10: Experience sustainability first-hand through guided site tours provided by our partners at Centre for Sustainability Whistler showcasing some of Whistler’s greatest sustainability achievements
- July 11-13: Take your learning to the next level during our Level 2 Sustainability Course
- Why not stay for the weekend, too?
Please contact Erika Aruja at earuja(at)naturalstep.ca or 613.748.3001 x236.
All cancellations must be received in writing. The amount paid, minus a 20% processing fee, will be refunded for all cancellations received 30 days prior to the course start date. A refund of 50% of the price paid will be issued for cancellations received less than 30 days prior to the course start date. However, no refund will be issued for cancellations received within 7 days of the course start date. Note that we are not issuing credit notes at this time but that you may substitute another person if you are unable to attend.
Please note that we reserve the right to cancel the course within seven days of the course start date. If the course is cancelled we will provide a full refund however, we are not responsible for travel and accommodation costs.