- Our Strategy
- Get Involved
- About Us
Master's Programme in Sustainable Product-Service System Innovation (MSPI)
Blekinge Institute of Technology now offers a unique international masters program in Sustainable Product-Service System Innovation, which is aimed at engineers and industrial economists with at least a three-year university degree.
The aim of this Masters programme, in-line with the main purpose of research in sustainable product and service innovation at the university, are:
- To support the sustainable development of global economy and society, and
- To strengthen Swedish industry in the increasingly sustainability-driven global market.
The program will include the concepts, methods and tools within the areas of strategic sustainable development, strategic life cycle modeling and simulation, creativity, methodology, entrepreneurship, business development, product planning, product development, product design, modeling and simulation-driven design and product realization.
Those who work with product innovation must have expertise in strategic sustainable development and have the ability to evaluate a product's positive and negative socio-ecological impact during its life cycle, as well as the related economic conditions and implications. It is therefore necessary to have a structured overview of the system "society in the biosphere" -- and this is exactly what we will share with you in this programme!
More specifically, the academic goals of participating students are to be able to:
- Analyze sustainability challenges for an organization in a scientific manner.
- Introduce a strategic perspective of sustainability to a product innovation process in a company.
- Use new methods and tools, and former engineering specialty, to work with sustainable product and service innovation in industry.
- Support a transition towards a more service-oriented economy.
An important objective of the program is that students will gain insight and knowledge of how different companies work. Early in the programme, students will begin to spend time with company partners. Throughout the course, students will increasingly work together with companies, culminating in a thesis carried out in partnership with a company.