- Our Strategy
- Get Involved
- About Us
NEW POSITION AVAILABLE AT THE NATURAL STEP INTERNATIONAL - The Natural Step International Secretariat Director
Submitted by Peter Price-Thomas on September 28, 2012 - 5:54pm.
The Natural Step International (TNSI) is delighted to announce that we are currently recruiting for one position to complete the foundation of our new organization - a TNS International Secretariat Director. Having just completed a comprehensive organizational restructuring, TNSI is restaffing its new international office, which is based in London, UK. Scott Perret (MSLS 2012) has been hired as the Director of FSSD Diffusion and Network Relations, and April Knudsen (formerly of TNS-US) is our new TNSI Coordinator. The Secretariat Director will be responsible for leading the new strategic direction of The Natural Step International and mobilizing the global network of Natural Step offices and individuals to achieve collective impact in pursuit of our shared mission to accelerate change toward sustainability.
|Position:||The Natural Step International Secretariat Director|
|Position Location:||Preferably London, negotiable for an exceptional candidate|
|Details:||4 days a week, 6 month self-employed contract|
About The Natural Step International
The Natural Step is a globally recognized network of non-profit organizations and partners with a 20-year track record helping organizations and individuals understand lead change toward sustainability. The Natural Step has offices, projects and associates in 14 countries. Through education programs, dialogue, coaching and strategic advice, The Natural Step helps organizations build sustainability literacy and leadership, fosters innovative sustainability solutions, and facilitates transformational social change processes.
The Natural Step International (TNSI) is the international organization that supports and co-ordinates the activities of Natural Step offices associates and partners, and promotes and disseminates the Framework for Strategic Sustainable Development and related educational tools and resources.
TNSI is looking for an experienced, strategic, and highly energetic change agent to become the new TNS International Secretariat Director. He/she will be responsible for leading the new strategic direction of The Natural Step International and mobilizing the global network of Natural Step offices and individuals to achieve collective impact in pursuit of our shared mission to accelerate change toward sustainability.
The Secretariat Director will be working alongside the Director of FSSD Diffusion and Network Relations and a small dynamic team to help relaunch TNSI, establish a new business model and help to increase the capacity, reach and effectiveness of The Natural Step global network of offices and individuals.
The two Directors will work as a team and report directly to the Board of Directors.
The first priority over the next six months will be to work with the board, staff and leaders in TNS offices to establish a new business model and revenue generation plan for TNSI, and to secure funding for 2013 and beyond.
This is a unique opportunity for a collaborative social innovator who excels at launching new initiatives and is interested in fostering a high-leverage platform for social change.
Although this position is set up as a six-month contract, it is intended that it will become a permanent position once funding is secured, at a salary level commensurate with the position.
• Work with the board and staff to establish a new business model for TNSI and put in place a revenue generation plan.
• Secure new funding for 2013.
• Co-create strategic plan for TNS in general and 2013 annual plan for TNSI.
• Get the new TNSI team and board working effectively and model a new culture change and way of working together
Full-time Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Co-lead strategy development and business modelling to scale up reach and impact over time
• Lead revenue generation, strategic partnership development and stakeholder engagement
• Engage TNS members and practitioners in implementation of overall strategic priorities
• Steward implementation of strategic plan and harness the energy and ideas within the network
• Encourage and inspire TNS members to achieve collective impact through program alignment and sharing of knowledge
• Ability to be able to represent the Natural Step at the highest level.
• Steward membership growth and accreditation strategy
• Steward new branding/communications strategy for TNS and uphold the brand
• Work with the Diffusion Director and TNSI Co-ordinator to develop a coordinated brand, marketing and communications strategy for TNSI and the FSSD
• Co-manage the TNSI team, as it develops
• Act as liaison with TNS Executive Directors and TNSI Board of Directors
• Provide financial oversight (budgeting, financial management and reporting)
Education and Experience
• Graduate degree in a relevant field
• 5 or more years experience running a significant programme or organization in the social change or business arena
• Demonstrated experience in launching new initiatives and organizations, developing strategy and business models and/or scaling up impact
Knowledge, skills and abilities
• Proven success with business model development, revenue generation and/or fundraising
• Proven abiity to develop strategy plans and engage in complex strategic planning processes with multiple stakeholders
• Proven ability to develop relationships, crowdsource solutions and mobilize people
• Strong project management skills
• Solid understanding of how to build, or experience with building, effective networks
• Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
• Solid understanding of The Natural Step, its history, challenges and opportunities would be preferred
• Solid understanding of the Framework for Strategic Development, its challenges and opportunities would be preferred
• A self-motivated, highly organized individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and lots of energy
• Curiosity and interest in emerging processes of social innovation and collective impact
Please email your cover letter and resume with the document name having the notation firstname-lastname-cl and firstname-lastname-cv to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to apply for this position is Wednesday 10th October 2012. Please include TNSI Secretariat Director in the subject line of your email and let us know how you heard about the position.
Please do not mail resumes, as we are a small organization and do not have the capacity to respond. To learn more about The Natural Step, please visit our website at www.thenaturalstep.org. You can download our strategic direction document here. Thank you.