- Our Strategy
- Get Involved
- About Us
NEW POSITION AVAILABLE AT THE NATURAL STEP INTERNATIONAL - Director of FSSD Diffusion and Network Relations
Submitted by Peter Price-Thomas on July 25, 2012 - 10:55am.
|Position:||Director of FSSD Diffusion and Network Relations|
|Position Location:||Preferably London, negotiable for an exceptional candidate|
|Details:||6 month full time self-employed contract|
About The Natural Step International
The Natural Step is a globally recognized brand representing a network of non-profit organizations and partners with over two decades of experience helping organizations and individuals understand and make meaningful progress toward sustainability. The Natural Step has offices, projects and associates in 18 countries, and through education, dialogue, coaching and advice provides its partners with deep expertise in sustainability, innovation in applying solutions and transformational social change processes.
The Natural Step International (TNSI) is the International body that coordinates and supports the activities of Natural Step offices associates and partners; supports the emergence of a global network of researchers, practitioners and champions all using a shared strategic approach to sustainability; and, widely promotes and disseminates the Framework for Strategic Sustainable Development and related educational tools and resources.
The Framework for Strategic Sustainable Development is a shared science-based strategic approach to sustainability based on backcasting from sustainability principles. It has been used effectively in hundreds of organizations around the world and by thousands of change agents and practitioners.
TNSI is looking for an exceptional candidate to become the Director responsible for diffusing the Framework for Strategic Sustainable Development (FSSD), and for supporting the emergence of the network of FSSD practitioners.
The Director of FSSD Diffusion and Network Relations is responsible for establishing and implementing a strategy to broadly disseminate the Framework for Strategic Sustainable Development and to work with partners to co-establish and enable a thriving learning network of FSSD practitioners and like-minded change agents.
Though initially a six-month contract, it is intended that this role will become a permanent position once multi-year funding is secured.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement an effective strategic plan to diffuse the FSSD and related tools and materials
- Work with TNS offices to help enable them to communicate and disseminate the framework and related tools and processes effectively
- Co-develop, with strategic partners, a learning network for FSSD practitioners and change agents, including organization of webinars and learning events
- Identify opportunities across the network to generate and share knowledge and co-create new tools, processes and materials
- Work with the Executive Director to establish a viable business model (revenue generation) for FSSD diffusion and network activities
- Work with the Executive Director and TNSI Co-ordinator to develop a coordinated brand, marketing and communications strategy for TNSI and the FSSD
Education and Experience
- Graduate degree in a relevant field
- 5 or more years experience running a relevant programme or organization.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- In depth understanding of current challenges and opportunities relating to the diffusion of the FSSD
- Understanding of the needs and wants of FSSD practitioners and ways to engage them
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships and partnerships
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong strategic planning skills and proven program development experience
- Self-starter able to get things done efficiently and effectively
- Strong project management skills and ability to self organize
- Understanding of network development and facilitation processes
- Experience with business development, business models and/or fundraising
The position has been filled, thank you for your interest.