Making $ense of Sustainability
By attending this two-day leadership course you'll learn how to future-proof your organisation for the changes being quickly driven by the need for sustainable development. You'll join other leaders on a fast-track to the best knowledge based on 20 years of research and practical experience; and learn how to integrate a more strategic approach to sustainable practice that makes good financial sense.
This course will enable you understand and grapple with sustainability in a way that makes good financial sense. It is ideal for:
- Leaders and decision-makers
- Those in strategy development roles
- Procurement managers and staff
- Sustainability / environmental managers and staff
- Anyone with an interest in a more strategic response to sustainability issues
What will I learn from this course?
- Why sustainability is an issue that’s not going away and how to measure your performance
- What the future will look like for your organisation in a more resource-constrained world, and how to maximise the opportunities it creates
- How to navigate the misconceptions about sustainability through a strategically planned response
- How to evaluate the many different measurement and certification tools available, and identify those best suited to your needs
How has The Natural Step training worked for others?
“The Natural Step’s four system conditions for sustainability were the key element of the course for me. These four conditions made sense both practically and intuitively, and provide an essentially simple concept for defining sustainability.” Ed Kiddie, Medical Officer of Health, Nelson Marlborough District Health Board
“This course provided an exceptionally stimulating and motivating learning environment. It perfectly complemented the TNS model which provides a very clear and practical understanding of sustainability for implementation in the real world.” Sean Barnes, Senior Manager, Aurecon (formerly Connell Wagner)
“This course highlighted logical thinking with an emphasis on business or organisational success rather than feeling too green. The tools are useful and with experience will be relatively simple to use. I would recommend this course to any business or organisation who wishes to compete and be successful in today's market”. Michelle Elborn, Sustainability Coordinator, Tauranga City Council
|Download further course details||122.67 KB|
|Download the Learning Event Brochure||490.77 KB|