Level 2 Course - Leaders focus on Science, Application and Change towards Sustainability (Stockholm)
This intensive 3-day practical course is geared towards experienced sustainability professionals, managers, analysts, academics, and consultants who want to deepen their learning, refine their application of The Framework for Sustainable Development and enhance their ability to integrate sustainability meaningfully in organizations.
The Natural Step Sustainability Learning Programs are
designed using a dialogue education approach to learning
design and facilitation. You will actively engage in hands-on,
participatory learning tasks that will help you dive into the
content, apply it to real situations, and prepare to transfer
what you learn to your business, community, or organization.
The course is build upon 3 modules:
- the Science Module,
- the Change Management Module, and
- the Application Module.
The first two days (October 10-11th) are focused on the Science Module and the Change Management module. Then you will return home and conduct an assignment. Then we will meet a couple of months later for a one day follow-up (December 14th) where we share experiences and learning.
Participants should plan to spend somewhere between 2-4 days in total on the assignment, over the 8 week period between the first course event and the second. During the assignment you will be given a coaching session with an Advisor from the Natural Step.
After this course you will be able to:
- Plan for how to mobilise an organisation to act strategically towards sustainability. This means that you will be boosted with tools and know-how around how to:
- assess an organisation's strenghts and weaknesses in terms of sustainability culture, leadership, products and services, operations, communication and governance;
- create a sense of urgency and opportunity around sustainability;
- address objections; and,
- explain what the Framework can offer
- Have confidence in the natural and social science basis of sustainability and the strategic sustainable development framework.
After the course you will have:
- Practiced carrying through a sustainability assessment using the sustainability principles
- Designed and received feedback on a sustainability engagement plan for an organisation
- Participated in a course that mixes theory and real cases with insightful workshops, discussions and practical exercises.
The course will be taught and facilitated by experienced Senior Advisors from The Natural Step.
The target group for this course is only restricted by the need for the participants to have one of the following prerequisites:
- Sustainability for Leaders course - Level 1: Foundation or another course by The Natural Step
- Graduate from the Blekinge Institute of Technology
- Relevant experience (decided in conversation with us).
Course fees and registration
Course size: To allow for diversity while ensuring a quality learning experience, each course is limited to 20 participants.
Course fee: 12 000 SEK ex. VAT
*Course fees include course materials, break-time snacks and lunches. Additional travel or meal costs are the responsibility of participants.
Registration: To secure your spot in the course, send your interest to: email@example.com, +46 768 333 133
Course Language: The course will be held in English.
Course Venue: In Stockholm, specific location will be finalised later on (depending on size of the group, etc)